JD Murgolo, aka JD the Jedi, is an author, ACE Certified Health Coach and Personal Trainer, speaker on anxiety and depression, and founder of the mental health community platform Fragile Moments. Host Nikhil Torsekarconnected with him to dicuss several topics, including:
- How JD's background as a middle school Montessori teacher informed his love of helping adults "navigate their emotions"
- The dubious promise of health and wellness coaches "guaranteeing" elimination of anxiety, or loss of specific amounts of weight
- The role of social media in shaping community around mental health, including Fragile Moments
- Distinctions between active and passive meditation
- The origins and meaning of "Dark Days, Bright Nights," a platform that JD launched, which evolved into the Fragile Moments blog, podcast, and community
- How a humble bag of Funyuns can serve as a litmus test for attending to physical and mental health
To learn more about JD, please visit fragilemoments.org or connect with his jd_thejedi handle on Twitter and Instagram.
Connect with Nikhil to learn more about Untether Your Life and other projects: