One of the most exciting parts of hosting Untether Your Lifeis connecting with folks with whom I "vibe" on numerous fronts, such as Neal Bakshi. Like me, Neal's parents came to the US from India, he worked for years in the very stressful financial services industry, and he developed a strong affinity for Eastern wellness modalities of a traditional (i.e., Paramahansa Yogananda’s Self-Realization Fellowship) and modern (i.e., Niraj Naik's SOMA Breath) variety.
We touched on numerous topics on this week's episode, including:
- Neal's move from the cut throat, always-on world of investment banking at Goldman Sachs to that of a spiritual life coach, reiki energy healer, breathwork instructor, and digital nomad
- Neal's recently published book Banking on Angels, and how it can help readers achieve a sustainable meditation practice, attain higher states of consciousness, and appreciate the power of synchronicities in life
- How the devastating and unexpected loss of his mother prompted him to untether his life, and rethink his previous attachment to the never-ending pursuit of material satisfaction
- The legacy of Greek mathematician Pythagoras, beyond the widely-known Pythagorean theorem: the vibrational energy of numbers; the significance of "angel numbers;" and why (how??) Neal gets up at the ungodly hour of 3:33 every morning
- The scientifically proven benefits of breathwork, meditation, and energy healing
- A deeper dive into the Map of Consciousness by David Hawkins, Einstein's maxim that "everything is energy" and the Soul Audit, as developed by Jean-Francois Brau
If any of these concepts resonate with you, please reach out to Neal on Instagram, visit his website at nealbakshi.com, or check out his book Banking on Angels.
Connect with Nikhil to learn more about Untether Your Life and other projects: